What’s on at the Runway Visitor Park
Bank Holiday Bonanza
For just £15, visit the world famous Concorde, enjoy a delicious BBQ and take advantage of car parking all day! Your 20 minute tour will give you an introduction to Concorde which will include the opportunity to sit in the original leather seats and hear how it was to fly on Concorde and who would have flown on her.
Book Now >>>
Sundays are Fun Days!
Entertain the family this Summer holiday.
Join us every Sunday in August for free fairground rides*, breath-taking runway views, picnic areas, a purpose built children's play area, Concorde tours** and the opportunity to explore the park's five aircrafts.
*Standard carpark charges apply
**Concorde tours are subject to availability and carry an additional cost
Join us for Flight Academy this summer, with different sessions available there is something for everyone! Sessions are interactive & great fun for all. Choose from "Up, Up & Away" ( aimed at children aged 3 to 5), "Flying Machines" or "Airport Life" (aimed at children from 5 to 13). Click here for more information https://book.manchesterairport.co.uk/Rwvp/Purchase?cmd=entryPoint1
Important information before you book
- All sessions last for 1 hour & 30 minutes.
- For each party of children, 1 adult must accompany them for the duration of the session, unfortunately due to limited space on-board the aircraft we cannot take more than 1 adult per child. There is no charge for the accompanying adults & accompanying adults do not need to book onto the session we have already reserved your space.
- Only children booked onto the session will be permitted to take part with their 1 accompanying adult due to the limited space available on board the Aircraft. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate non-paying siblings.
- Sessions will start promptly to ensure that we run to our schedule, please ensure that you are ready to start your session, the meeting place is at the bottom of the steps of the Monarch Aircraft.
- You will need to climb around 20 steps to get on-board.
- Parts of your session may take place out and about around our Park; please ensure that you are dressed for the weather as you will be open to the elements.
- Children remain the responsibility of parents / accompanying adults at all times during the session.
- The session cost is £7 per child. There is no charge for the accompanying adults & accompanying adults do not need to book onto the session.
- Standard car parking fee’s apply.
- The session will be aimed at the age group that you book.
Sessions are subject to change dependant on weather & airport operational requirements
Looking for somewhere different to bring your class or out of school group?
The Education Team here at the Runway Visitor Park offer a variety of tours suited to different age groups and abilities, our visitors taking part in our education tours have the opportunity to board real aircraft, whilst learning about the different job roles that help ensure the airport runs smoothly. Not to forget everyone’s favourite part - hopping into the pilot’s seat.
Runway Visitor Park has breath-taking views across both runways, so you can watch the awesome A380 land into Manchester, or spot the private jets as they taxi for take-off!
We still have a few tour slots available for before Easter, check out or website http://book.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/concordeeducation for more information or give the team a call on 0161 489 3932 to book!
We are now taking bookings for the summer term! Book now, don't miss out!
Concorde Short Tours
Why not join us for an introduction tour of one of the most iconic aircraft of all time? A fully guided tour of Concorde where you will hear some interesting facts and figures about Concorde and a little about those who flew on her. Tours are £5 per person (no charge for under 2's) and subject to availability and must be booked at the Runway Visitor Park Reception desk. Other tours are available to book online. And don’t forget, during the weekends there will be the Avro RJX and either the Trident or DC10 open to the public for free viewing.
The Aviation Shop
As well as the vast array of aircraft models, books, scanners, gifts and convenience items the Aviation Shop is an authorised Boeing dealers. We are also delighted to announce that we are now authorised dealers for all Airbus promotional goods. Why don't you pop in to one of the shops to see the full range.
New parking charges (effective from 1st April 2016)
- Car and motorbike parking charges are as follows: £5 up to 2 hours, £10 from 2 hours up to 4 hours, and £12 for all stays over 4 hours.
- Coach parking is charged at a flat rate of £12. Parking is free for all conference delegates.
- Parking charges are included in the price of some of our aircraft tours (excludes Short Tours & Flight Academy sessions)
- There is free admission to Runway Visitor Park for visitors arriving by public transport, on foot or by bicycle (not motorbike).